Guava leaves contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and antibacterials that render them abundantly beneficial to health. They are also fortified with lots of vitamins and minerals. Among the many health advantages, you should place more significance on guava leaves.
Here are ten incredible health benefits of guava leaves:
1. Helps fight against cancer: Because of the high content of the antioxidant; lycopene, guava leaves can assist combat cancer, particularly breast, prostate, and oral cancers. Research shows that guava extract helps inhibit androgen production, the masculine hormone that promotes prostate cancer cell growth.
2. Cures diarrhoea: Drinking any guava leaf extract helps to treat diarrhoea by loosening the intestines, decreasing the frequency of stooling and decreasing the seriousness of diarrhoea. You can bring guava leave tea or a capsule of its extract or add a few drops of essential oil to a cup of hot water.
Read also: 8 Beer Health Benefits That Will Interest You
3. Lowers Cholesterol levels: A regular intake of guava leaf can help to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides due to its low saturated fat content, which can cause adverse health problems.
4. Prevents diabetes: In guava and its leaves, high fibre content and catechin can assist manage diabetes by slowing down blood sugar intake and glucose levels. This hypoglycemic impact on the body can assist avoid diabetes of type 2.
5. Helps control blood pressure: It is known that guava leaves assistance regulate blood pressure by stopping blood from thickening and encouraging blood flow fluidity throughout the body. The high fibre content and hypoglycemic nature of guava leaves are both known to contribute to the fight against an elevated rate of blood sugar.
Read also: Asthma Symptoms: Foods You Can Eat To Reduce Them
6. Treats cold and catarrh: The high content of vitamin C and iron in the guava leaf enables it to act as a cold and catarrh relief. It helps remove mucus and the pulmonary tract, neck and lungs are disinfected.
7. Promotes healthy skin: Wonders for your skin because of the broad spectrum of vitamins and antioxidants packed into guava. Its antioxidants can safeguard your skin against harm that can slow its ageing process and help avoid wrinkles. Moreover, if applied straight to your skin, guava leaf extract can even assist treat acne.
8. Relieves itchy skin: The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics of guava leaves can assist decrease skin itching and redness, according to some dermatologists. Crush guava leaves or boil until the water becomes brown and focused. Use a cotton ball to apply the juices to the impacted regions when the blend cools down.
9. Good for brain function: Due to elevated concentrations of vitamin B3 (niacin) and B6, guava leaves encourage brain health. Along with enhanced cognitive function and concentrate, Niacin is known to assist with enhanced blood flow.
Read also: Last Longer In Bed With These 10 Foods/Dietary Supplements
10. Alleviates constipation: The leaves of Guava have very high dietary fibre concentrations. They can serve as an outstanding laxative and assist the body regain its capacity to excrete waste on a periodic basis.
4 Guava Leaves Side Effect
Being plants with medicinal properties, there are drawbacks to taking guava leaves. There are just a few but they are important:
- Taking too much of guava leaves results in constipation.
- It is banned for women who are pregnant, as it can cause complications.
- If you are taking any other medication (especially if the medicine is for pain or diabetes), you can avoid taking guava leaves.
- Guava tree microelements may be triggering allergies. This occurs very rarely however.
Guava leaves are gaining enormous attention for its health benefits. It is fortified with vitamins A and C, calcium, lycopene and dietary fibre. For its myriad healthy properties, guava leaves should not be overlooked.