If you easily get skin irritations due to the use of incontinence pads, these top 5 incontinence pads for sensitive skin will be safe for you. Give one of them a try today and enjoy comfort!
According to a study, a large majority of patients who suffer from urine incontinence report their skin irritations. Climate, chemicals, or chafing discomfort are the most common causes of skin problems produced by the use of certain incontinence pads.
While absorbency and leakage protection are the top priorities for these pad consumers, skin health comes in second. Healthy skin is essential for happiness and comfort on a daily basis.
Recommended: Our Top 5 Best Feminine Wash with Moisturizers
Dermatitis, infection, and diaper rash are all common problems for those with sensitive skin. Therefore, It’s critical to look for hypoallergenic incontinence pads that are good for delicate skin.
Because it is kept partially occluded most of the time and is regularly exposed to urine, the diaper area of the skin is particularly prone to excessive hydration. The use of absorbent items can increase the risk of skin injury by causing excessive local moisture and elevating the PH. During the previous decade, absorbent product technology has progressed.
Recommended: Best Incontinence Pads For Odor Eliminators
People with sensitive skin now have more options thanks to improved incontinence pad features for people with sensitive skin. The absorbency and wetness prevention properties of these pads have been improved.
- Top 5 Incontinence Pads For Sensitive Skin
- Things To Consider When Choosing Incontinence Pads
- Skin Health Tips For Incontinence Pad Users
Top 5 Incontinence Pads For Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, it is a good idea you avoid spending your money on an incontinence pad or underwear you come across in a supermarket. There are now much improved pads that are mild on the skin. You can find some of them from Carer women’s Incontinence Underwear. They are made from very soft, contain no harsh chemicals, and made from natural products. Here is a list of the top 5 incontinence pads for sensitive skin you can use:
Natracare Dry & Light Incontinence Pads
Natracare Dry & Light incontinence pads for delicate skin are produced from natural materials. They’re absorbent and comfy, and they’re free of the plastics and scents that most incontinence products contain. It is available in two different types: There is:
- Natracare Dry and Light Slim fitting pad: for people with light bladder weakness.
- Natracare Dry & Light Plus: They are long and cushioned pads for people with bladder weakness.
Buy Natracare Incontinence Pads from Amazon
Elyte Bladder Control Pads
Elyte bladder control pads are an absorbent incontinence pad with a super soft 100% natural pure cotton lining. To lock away dampness and neutralize urine pH, they contain superabsorbent polymers. They reduce the danger of skin irritations and rashes by being hypoallergenic, alcohol-free, and chlorine bleach-free.
Buy Elyte bladder control pads on Amazon
Tena Intimates Overnight Absorbency Incontinence Pads
Tena Intimates Overnight Absorbency Incontinence/Bladder Control Pads are a variety of protection pads for women with incontinence. They are pleasant, designed to be undetectable beneath clothing, or even integrated into underwear.
Recommended: Are Period Pants Good For Incontinence
Tena incontinence pads are designed to prevent moderate to heavy bladder leakage. They’re 16 inches long with a broad back design that keeps you covered when you’re lying down, and they’re thin enough that they won’t be big or conspicuous. These pads have a pH-balanced system to prevent odors and super-absorbent microbeads to absorb moisture, all while being topped with a skin-soft sheet to keep you feeling fresh.
Buy Tena Intimates Overnight Absorbency Pads from Amazon
Cardinal Health Reusable Bed Pads
Cardinal Health Reusable Bed Pads are hospital-grade hypoallergenic incontinence pads that are an excellent choice for people who have heavy leakage and don’t want to worry about damaging their beds.
Recommended: Direct And Indirect Hernia: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, And Prevention
The waterproof moisture barrier keeps the bed and other surfaces dry, while the absorbent cushioned core takes in and locks away fluids. These pads are an excellent solution for men, women, children, and the elderly with urinary issues to safeguard their bedding and sheets.
The best aspect is that these pads are machine washable and will last after washing several times. They also include a non-slip bottom layer that helps keep the pad in place all night. This pad is latex-free, lead-free, and made of composite and polyester fabric, making it safe to use on sensitive skin while also being soft for a restful night’s sleep.
Buy Cardinal Health Reusable Bed Pads from Amazon
Medline’s Heavy Absorbency Underpads
These Heavy Absorbency Underpads from Medline are one of the best and largest on the market, spanning 36 inches by 36 inches. These disposable pads contain a very absorbent core that protects you from incontinence at any time of day.
These pads include a quilted top sheet that is mild on sensitive skin and is designed to be soft and pleasant.
Meanwhile, the strong polymer and fluff absorb fluid and odor quickly, so you won’t have to worry about being uncomfortable, wet, or smelling bad.
Buy Medline’s Heavy Absorbency Underpads from Amazon
Things To Consider When Choosing Incontinence Pads
With the growing incontinence market, it’s easier than ever to locate compact, unobtrusive pads that are gentle on the skin.
Here are some things to look out for when buying hypoallergenic incontinence pad:
- No Perfumes or Dyes: You don’t have to look for an odor eliminator if you don’t want fragrances or dyes. A natural-absorbing substance is used in odor control technology. Some products, on the other hand, include perfumes for a light floral scent. These are pads you should avoid because scents might irritate delicate skin.
- Contains Superabsorbent Polymers: This additive guarantees that pee stays away from the skin, preventing urinary irritation.
- Soft Material such as Cotton: Cotton-like material is a must-have because it is soothing and light on the skin. Cotton is highly breathable, allowing air to circulate throughout your body. Cotton is also recognized for absorbing a lot of moisture and minimizing dampness discomfort.
- Latex Free: If you’re allergic to latex, make sure you get a latex-free pad. This will prevent the pad from irritating or hurting your skin while in use. The majority of pads will specify whether or not they are latex-free on the packaging.
Recommended: 7 Common and Easy Questions Women Ask About Bras
Skin Health Tips For Incontinence Pad Users
Staying one step ahead can reduce anxiety and stress, helping you to feel more comfortable in your own skin. Here are steps you can take to stay covered:
- Keep hydrated throughout the day.
- Stick to a balanced diet, avoiding acidic foods.
- Change incontinence pads immediately when needed.
- Be sure to thoroughly clean intimate skin with a good cleanser, especially after a workout or excessive seating, and do not scrub the area when washing.
- Pat the area dry, and use gentle, moisturizing products.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose pants.
- Incorporate cranberry juice and Greek yogurt into your diet, as these foods can help prevent and treat yeast infections.
- Soy products, apples, sweet potatoes, almonds, garlic pumpkin seeds and avocados (that means guac, too!) can actually work to counter dryness and stimulate natural lubrication.
- Check often for signs of skin breakdown, like redness, itching and flaking, so you can act promptly and seek medical advice, if needed.
- If an infection occurs and antibiotics are required, probiotic yogurt is beneficial in countering negative effects of antibiotic drugs, so try including this dairy product in your breakfast ritual.
In addition, poor fitting incontinence products can result in chafing and rubbing, causing redness and discomfort. By choosing the right pad and style, you can protect yourself better against leaks while avoiding unnecessary skin irritations.
Harsh soaps, cleansers, and over-washing can dry out and strip the skin, making it more susceptible to irritability and infection.
Recommended: Menstruation: Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
There are gentler, incontinence pads specifically designed to replenish and moisturize your sensitive skin.
Any of the 5 best incontinence pads for sensitive skin listed above can help you overcome skin irritations and infections caused by other pads. Also, make sure you adhere to good skincare practices by following the tips given in this article.
If you have any contributions, questions, or suggestions, please use the comment box below, and don’t forget to share this article.