The usage of collagen protein supplements to encourage a healthier life and wellbeing is becoming extremely common among both fitness and beauty enthusiasts. It looks as though this collagen protein is having a complete boost each day and every night.
It is of utmost importance that you do your investigation and consider quality when selecting a specific collagen supplement. Products which use bovine collagen can only use cows fed with grass. For marine collagen, choose wild-fish derived supplements.
Note that collagen supplement research is relatively recent and insufficient research have been performed to support the countless claims most products bear on their containers. Communicate first with the health care staff before you attempt anything new.
Recommended: What are the Best Types Of Fat Burners For Weight Loss?
Let’s dig through the truth concerning collagen protein and find out whether you may want to attach more collagen protein into your health and wellness routine.
What is Collagen Protein?
Collagen is a structural protein; it is one of the most abundant proteins in the human body. In addition, more than one-third of the total protein in the body is collagen. Collagen is a structural protein present in teeth, cartilage, connective tissues, skin, and blood vessels. It works like a piece of cement inside our bodies, practically binding our body parts together.
What are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Add It Into Your Diet
There are several reasons you must consistently preserve safe amounts of collagen in the body. When you’re trying to boost your fitness and wellbeing, incorporating collagen to your diet is a perfect way to get going.
Collagen proteins have been shown to deliver amazing advantages, such as:
- Improving Heart Health: Collagen protein has been proven to help reduce the build-up of plaques in the arteries and to help increase the body’s poor cholesterol rates while growing the amount of healthy cholesterol. Collagen protein provides oxygen to your arteries, helping to make your arteries strong enough to function well.
- Helping Build Strong Bones: Collagen is the most common protein in bones. Collagen can help to minimize bone breakdown and help preserve stable, solid bones.
- Aiding in Healthy Skin, Hair, and Nail Maintenance: Collagen contributes additional energy and elasticity to the skin and improves the hair and nails. When incorporating collagen protein to your diet, the body can obtain the vitamins and nutrients it requires to keep the blood, skin, and nails looking healthy.
- Promotes Gut Health: High rates of collagen have been linked with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and leaky intestinal symptoms. Adjust your collagen consumption to protect the intestine from inflammation and improve intestinal integrity.
- Help Alleviate Joint Pain: Collagen protein has been implicated to help relieve joint pain and the effects of osteoarthritis. Taking collagen supplements, such as powders, will help the body regenerate cartilage and promote the normal production of collagen protein.
How Does Collagen Protein Work and What Does It Do?
As we mature, the body produces less of its own collagen protein. Such proteins are important for preserving a healthy intestine, helping to create solid bones and joints, and keeping healthy hair, skin, and nails. Collagen helps promote the functioning of the heart and liver and may also aid in good weight loss.
Recommended: Do You Have Oily Skin? Follow These Skin Care Tips
Such proteins act as the building blocks required to help increase the overall strength of the body. Through maintaining the protection of the skin, muscles, muscle tissue, and tendons, and through combating inflammation, collagen protein plays an integral role in the human body.
How Can You Add Collagen Into Your Diet?
There are several ways in which you can integrate collagen protein into your daily life.
Collagen products widely marketed include:
- Collagen Powder: Using collagen powder as beverages and meals is a perfect way to consume more collagen.
- Collagen Capsules: Capsules provide a simple and convenient way to add more collagen to your diet, particularly while you’re on the go.
- Topical Serums: Applying collagen serums can help keep your skin, hair, and nails looking good and healthy.
Another choice is to enrich your diet by incorporating more collagen-rich products into it.
To raise the consumption of collagen, concentrate on foods such as:
Adding some of these ingredients to your diet will make a big improvement in your body’s amounts of collagen protein. Eating foods high in collagen often provides extra nutrients that are believed to help the body absorb collagen protein more effectively.
Recommended: The Best Wheys That Can Build Muscles Fast
So, though taking supplements is encouraged, it is equally essential to sustain a well-balanced diet with plenty of vitamins and minerals. Before you make some drastic adjustments to your health, it’s also a safe idea to consult your doctor.
Can Collagen Protein Help with weight loss?
Collagen has also been shown to support weight reduction and reduced body fat, unlike many other products in the market! Collagen can help not only in weight reduction but also enhance the structure of the skin, minimizes inflammation and boost your gastrointestinal health.
How Long Before collagen Starts Working?
Usually, after around 4 weeks of daily supplementation, you should start seeing some outcomes. After a few months of considerable progress you will be able to see significantly different skin. The taking of collagen does not have documented adverse effects, rendering it one of the easiest and better options for a nutritional supplement.
Recommended: Top 13 Natural Appetite Suppressants for Weight Loss
Does Collagen Have Side Effects?
For most individuals collagen is considered safe to eat. Nevertheless, if you have an allergy to the collagen source, for example a number of collagen supplements are produced from fish, you might have a reaction to the supplement.
When you grasp the role and effects of collagen, it’s fairly easy to see what the buzz surrounding collagen supplements is all about. Actually, incorporating just one protein to your diet will boost your heart, body, joint, stomach, and skin wellbeing.