Beer is one of the world’s oldest and most commonly consumed alcoholic drinks and after water and tea, the third most common drink in the world. Beer is made from cereal grain, most frequently from malted barley, although it also uses wheat, maize (corn), and rice. You may be amazed to know that there are several dietary beer health benefits associated with mild beer consumption.
Here are eight surprising beer health benefits related to responsibly drinking beer:
Beer Health Benefits You Won’t Believe
1. Source of nutrients and fiber: It includes trace quantities of nutrients such as calcium, potassium and magnesium because beer is produced from hops, barley and wheat. It also includes soluble fiber, so you can get 10% of your suggested daily fiber from two glasses of beer.
2. Aids in digestion: In every 30 cl glass, beer, especially dark beer, contains up to one gram of soluble fiber unlike wine, which contains no fiber at all. In intestinal transit, fiber plays an important role (a fiber deficiency can cause stomach and intestinal disorders such as constipation or diarrhoea).
Read also: 5 Ways Weed (Marijuana) Damages Your Body
3. Bone and tissue growth: Dietary silicone discovered in beer is needed for bone and connective tissue growth. Research has shown that mild drinkers are 38 percent less probable than non-drinkers to have osteoporosis. A 2016 research discovered a link between mild drinking and a lower decline in good cholesterol.
4. Prevents type 2 diabetes: A Different research found a link between moderate alcohol consumption and a decreased risk of type 2 diabetes up to 30 percent.
5. Lowers risk of heart attack: Beer health benefits include reducing your heart attack risk. Beer drinkers have a reduced risk of having a heart attack from non-beer drinkers by 40 to 60 percent.
6. Reduces chances of cognitive problems:Some studies has suggested that a decreased chance of cognitive problems is associated with light to moderate drinking.
7. Reduces stress and tension: It has also been discovered that drinking beer reduces stress and tension and increases well-being.
8. Lowers bad cholesterol: Beer health benefits also include reduction of bad cholesterol in the body. Beer fiber help lower your LDL cholesterol levels, i.e. the “bad” cholesterol type.
Do not forget, however, that the main thing is to drink responsibly because too much is bad for your health