Whether you are already pregnant or are worried about the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy, you have to try as much as possible to avoid abortion.
Abortion can be defined as an act of terminating a pregnancy. An abortion that occurs spontaneously is also known as a miscarriage. When deliberate steps are taken to end a pregnancy, it is called an induced abortion, or less frequently an “induced miscarriage”. The procedure involves the use of drugs or surgical means to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus.
Abortion is an illegal act and is punishable by law in many countries while other countries have legalized it. In such countries where abortion is legalized, the procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
However, in countries where abortion is illegal, there are no licensed health care professionals and as a result, women (especially young teenagers) fall into the hands of quack abortionists.
The term “ABORTION” is nothing but a respectable way of using the word “MURDER”.
Sometimes abortion is due to personal reasons and sometimes due to social pressure. Although the termination of pregnancy is a personal decision, most of the time it is to prevent oneself from being treated as a so-called bad/wayward girl in some societies. This is because pregnancy before marriage, especially in a country like Nigeria, is regarded as taboo according to her culture.
Must Read: Getting pregnant: 8 Ways And 17 Tips To Boost Your Chances
Why You Must Avoid Abortion
- Abortion kills an innocent human being. Abortion takes away the life of a little child. That baby did nothing wrong and does not deserve a death sentence. Choosing life is the best option you can give your little one. Avoid abortion to prevent staying your hands with blood.
- Common side effects of abortion are of utmost concern. Heavy bleeding, infection, damage to the cervix, scarring, and even death are just a few of the more complex side effects associated with it.
- There is an increased risk of having breast cancer in the future. A meta-analysis of 28 reports concluded that induced abortion is a significant independent risk factor for breast cancer.
- Abortion increases the risk of depression.
- Death rates increase 7 times more after abortion especially due to depression.
- Suicide rates increase 6 times more after abortion as most women go through emotional trauma and fail to handle such situations. And sometimes the guilt of killing leads them to take up such a drastic step. This is a good reason to avoid abortion!
- Abortion clinics fail to detect any coercion.
- Force to abort can increase violence rates.
- Women with a history of abortion are twice as likely to abuse alcohol, five times more likely to use illicit drugs, and 10 times more likely to use marijuana during the first pregnancy they carry to term compared to non-abortive women.
- Abortion not only causes physical death of a being but also leads to mental death i.e. the death of inner conscience.
Abortion includes many risks especially healthwise. Sometimes it even proves life-threatening.
Must Read:Are IVF Babies More Prone To Health Problems?
Reasons why people commit abortion
- Increasing pressure to abort may come from close people such as husband, parents, doctors, partners, employers, and even abortionists who profit from these abortions financially.
- Sometimes people are threatened and the threats may involve blackmailing or loss of home or job, or maybe exploiting those who are having difficulties in their lives.
- Another reason may be to postpone childbearing to a more suitable time or to focus energies and resources on existing children.
- Others include being unable to afford a child either in terms of the direct costs of raising a child or the loss of income while she is caring for the child and there is lack of support from the father.
- Relationship problems with their partner, a perception of being too young to have a child plays a major reason for going for Abortion.
- Another major reason behind it being that, many are given fake information by experts about fetus development, abortion risks or alternatives to abortion.
Must Read: About POSTINOR: The Popular Emergency Contraceptive Pill
The risks associated with abortion greatly outweigh its benefits. Abortion is a modest word referring to murder. Many young and promising women have lost their lives to abortion especially in countries where it is illegalized.
Unless the pregnancy is life-threatening, there is no good reason to commit abortion. Abortion is an act that will continue to haunt your memories for life. So, do all you can to avoid abortion.
That baby did nothing wrong and does not deserve a death sentence from you!!!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to use the comment box below or contact us using the contact page if it’s confidential.