Are you in a situation where you only have the option of using baby wipes to clean your makeup? And you are eager to know if it’s actually possible to use it as a substitute for whatever you have been using before to clean up your make-up? This article shall cover all of your questions.
Can You Use Baby Wipes As a Makeup Remover?
You can, but it might not be the best option. Baby wipes can be effective in some cases on your face, but they’re not the right choice for heavy makeup. The consistency of baby wipes is too thin, and they don’t have enough oil to remove eye makeup properly.
Baby wipes are often used to clean a baby’s bum and face, but can you use them for other things too? One of the many uses is using it as makeup removal. If you have oily skin, it is best to use a baby wipe with oil on the skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, then choose baby wipes that have lotion as well as oil.
Recommended: Top Summer Skincare Tips
Some good baby wipes you can use for makeup removal include:
- Mama Bear 99% Water Baby Wipes
- Johnson’s Baby Disposable Hand & Face Cleansing Wipes
- Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- WaterWipes Biodegradable Original Baby Wipes
- Huggies Nourish & Care Baby Diaper Wipes
- Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
- Aveeno Baby Sensitive All Over Wipes
These baby wipes are gentle on the skin, good for sensitive skin, and are from trusted brands.
How To Clean Makeup With Baby Wipes
To use a baby wipe to clean makeup, follow the steps below:
- Open the baby wipe, take a wipe and clean your face gently with it. Do not try to go hard by scrubbing it, else you will end up with redness.
- Use another baby wipe to clean your neck, hands, arms, and any other part of your body that has makeup on it.
- After cleaning your face with the baby wipes, it is advisable to use a toner or astringent to remove excess oils left on your skin by the baby wipes.
- Use a third baby wipe to clean the area around your eyes.
- Use a fourth baby wipe to clean your ears and hairline.
- Wash your face with warm water and mild soap to remove any excess oils and makeup then pat your face dry with a clean towel or tissue paper and then apply moisturizer to your skin.
- You can also use baby wipes as a makeup remover for your lips. You can wipe it clean or use a cotton swab to remove the lip color from your lips.
Baby wipes are not meant for makeup removal. Baby wipes can be used to remove stubborn stains from fabrics, but they contain ingredients that make them too harsh for use on delicate skin like the face. Baby wipes are also not designed with the astringent properties that makeup removers usually have.
Here Are Some Tips On How To Use Baby Wipes As a Makeup Remover
- Make sure that you are using the right type of wipe for your skin type. If you have oily skin, choose a wipe that has oil. If you have dry or sensitive skin, then use one with lotion and oil.
- Take the wipe and gently rub it on your face in a circular motion. Make sure that you are using gentle pressure when rubbing your face with the baby wipes as a makeup remover.
- When it comes to removing eye makeup, then you should use a wipe that is pre-moistened with lotion and oil. Take the wipe and gently rub your eye area.
- When you remove your makeup, gently pat your face with a tissue or towel to remove any excess oil and moisture left on the skin.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Use a moisturizer on your face to give it that healthy glow and keep it hydrated all day long.
Recommended: Top 5 Features of Makeup Artist Software
How Do You Clean Baby Wipes After Using Them As a Makeup Remover?
If you have used baby wipes as a makeup remover and want to reuse them for future use, clean the baby wipes with soap and water. The soap will help to remove any makeup that is still on the wipes. Once you are done cleaning them, dry them off, and store them in a plastic bag or container.
If you have not used baby wipes as a makeup remover, you can use them to remove your makeup. Simply wet the wipe with water and then cleanse your face with it. You may need a couple of wipes to remove all of your makeup.
After using baby wipes as a makeup remover, be sure to wash your face with a gentle cleanser and then moisturize.
Are There Any Downsides To Using Baby Wipes As a Makeup Remover?
Baby wipes may be convenient, but they have a lot of downsides that make them less than ideal for use as an everyday makeup remover. The chemicals in baby wipes are not all-natural, and they can cause serious damage to your skin.
Baby wipes are also not as effective at removing makeup as a good face wipe or cleansing cloth would be, so you may have more residue left behind than you would like.
Recommended: How To Use a Pumice Stone For Calluses
Baby wipes are not safe to use around the eyes. This is because there may be ingredients in the baby wipes that can irritate sensitive skin, like fragrances and dyes. Baby wipes can also contain alcohol, which is not good for sensitive skin. It is best to use a gentle cleanser on your face. To remove eye makeup, it is better to use a separate product that was designed for removing eye makeup.
Baby wipes are a convenient way to remove makeup in a pinch, but they should not be used on a daily basis. If you want to use baby wipes as an everyday makeup remover, you should consider using a makeup wipe or cleansing cloth instead. Baby wipes can also be very expensive, especially for a large pack of them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Do If a Baby Wipe Irritates Your Skin?
If you’ve ever tried a baby wipe, and your skin reacted with irritation or redness (or even worse – a rash), then you know that they’re not the best option for removing makeup. But they can work in a pinch. If you have sensitive skin, try to find hypoallergenic baby wipes that are free of fragrances and dyes.
Do Baby Wipes Remove Waterproof Makeup?
If you are using waterproof makeup and want to remove it, baby wipes may not be the best option. Baby wipes will only break down water-based products, so if you are using an oil-based product, baby wipes will not remove it. In fact, the opposite may occur, and the makeup may become more embedded in your skin.