Couscous is one of the healthiest grain products and has more vitamins than most grains. Couscous is a small, wheat or barley pasta. Although the couscous has traditionally been hand-rolled, it’s made by machine these days.
Just one cup of couscous contains more than half of your recommended daily intake of selenium, a strong antioxidant that helps combat inflammation and high body LDL cholesterol. Couscous is also a decent source of fibre, with one cup providing nearly 10% of your recommended daily intake, but you’ll want to make sure you mix it with plenty of other fibre-rich foods too. To get the most nutritionally out of couscous, opt for full-wheat couscous.
Recommended: How To Make Delicious Cauliflower Salad (With Video)
How To Prepare Delicious Couscous
Couscous is very easy to cook. My steps are very easy to follow too!. Let’s get started…
- Red bell pepper
- Seasoning cube
- Spring Onion
- Blended ginger and garlic
- Start by cooking the chicken with seasoning cube, blended ginger and garlic, nutmeg, thyme, rosemary, salt and onion.
- Add water and cook till the chicken is well cooked.
- Remove the chicken leaving the stock.
- Add shrimps to the boiling stock.
- Also, add the couscous, stir and cook on low heat till the stock is dried.
- Add oil into a clean pan and fry the cooked chicken.
- Fry till it is golden brown.
- After frying, use the same oil to fry all the vegetable starting with onion, then tomatoes, followed by the broccoli, spring onion, red bell pepper and then carrot.
- Fry for three minutes, then add the cooked couscous and fry for another three minutes.
- Then, add the kale, stir and enjoy your couscous.
Video On How To Cook Perfect Couscous
You can quickly watch the video below on how to cook delicious couscous by EVERJOY.
Subscribe to EVERJOY’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL for more healthy recipes!
Very easy! If you try this recipe for Couscous, please don’t forget to give me a comment. Don’t forget to subscribe to new recipes via email notifications and use the “Share” buttons below.