Healthy fruits salad is a meal made with varieties of fruits. Appetizers, desserts or side salad are the different ways healthy fruit salads can be served. Because fruits are typically full of vitamins and minerals, a mixture of these fruits is a perfect, healthy serving.
Many of us are used to eating one or more type of packaged fruits. Typically, these fruit products are lacking vital nutrients; let’s not even talk about how much unhealthy sugar they produce. If you seek a better substitute to processed fruits as the aid to reduce body fat, improve digestion and metabolism, healthy fruits salad is your best option.
How To Prepare Healthy Fruits Salad (Easy Recipe)
I’m going to show you how to easily make your own healthy fruits salad at home. There is also a short video below to show you how to do it quickly.
Recommended: Whole Fruit Or Fruit Juice: Which Is The Better Option?
- Different Fruits
- Dried Fruits or cereal
- Greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt
Fruits Used For The Salad
Healthy Fruits Salad Recipe
- Cut all the fruits into smaller sizes
- Put all into a bowl
- Add Almond and dried fruits or cereal to the fruits
- Mix Greek yoghurt or any other natural yoghurt with water (not too watery or too thick).
- Add the mixed yoghurt to the fruit salad and mix well.
Your healthy fruits salad is ready!
Healthy Fruits Salad Recipe Video
Below is a video of how you can make your own healthy fruits salad by EVERJOY:
Subscribe to EVERJOY’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL for more healthy recipes!
Health Benefits Of Healthy Fruits Salad
Let’s now take a look at some of the health benefits of eating healthy fruits salad:
- Great Source Of Vitamins and Minerals: Recall we stated already that fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals. Nevertheless, a mixture of varieties of fruits in the form of a salad will fulfil the daily body requirement of almost any vitamin and mineral. Fruits also contain folic acid (a type of vitamin B) which is important for our red blood cells production. Folic acid is also very important in pregnancy for the healthy development of the foetus.
- Weight Reduction: Fruits are made primarily of water, and contains little or no calories. Therefore, this healthy fruits salad would be an ideal alternative for those who choose to shed fats to stop adding the additional pounds.
Recommended: 6 Natural Tips To Quickly Lose Belly Fat
- Fights and Prevents Cancer: Many fruits are fortified with antioxidants needed by our body and are responsible for the degradation of free radicals. Free radicals are agents which destroy our body cells and cause cancer.
- Healthy Skin And Hair: Research has also shown that carotenoids, the antioxidants in brightly coloured fruits and vegetables, may reduce the sensitivity of our skin to the ultraviolet light from the sun. Vitamin C aids in collagen formation, which enhances the capillaries that supply the hair shafts. All these helps give your skin and hair a healthy appearance.
- Good Source of Fibre: Many fruits have huge quantities of fibre. Fibres are incredibly important to our health. Our body cannot process fibre, and whatever goes in comes out the same way. The importance of this is that it helps cure constipation issues. The fibres will clean the intestines and prevent the risk of having cancer of the colon.
Recommended: 12 Cancer-fighting Foods That Should Be Eaten Regularly
- Energy Booster: Ever wondered why people who do regular workout often consume tons of fruits? This is simply because there are several fruits which contain vitamins that can boost your strength. A healthy fruits salad will help you feel energised.
- Strong Bones and Muscles: Not only do the nutrients present in fruits help to build strong bones, but they also help to enhance mitochondrial function – tiny structures within our cells that help to generate energy, as well as to form and control our muscles. For women, low levels of vitamin K were correlated with low mineral density of the bone. A regular serving of healthy salad fruits is suggested for good bone development.
What Is The Best Time To Eat Healthy Fruits Salad?
The perfect time to consume fruits salad is after drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning. Eating fruit salad right after a meal is not a smart idea, since it may not be fully digested. The nutrients might not be fully absorbed either. You have to leave a total gap of 30 minutes between a meal and a fruit salad.
Are Healthy Fruits Salad Good For You?
Eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables such as those contained in healthy fruits salad is essential to your general wellbeing. It is both simple and tasty to incorporate these fruits in a salad. Eating healthy fruits salad a day, filled with vitamins and minerals, can even raise the number of active antioxidants in your body thereby helping you fight off diseases and improve your health.
Recommended: 9 Key Foods And Beverages To Avoid During Pregnancy
Can Healthy Fruits salad Help You Lose Weight?
Most fruits used in healthy fruits salad are low in calories though rich in antioxidants, nutrients and fibre, which can help improve your fullness. Bear in mind that consuming whole fruits rather than juiced ones is healthier. What else? Eating fruits really isn’t the secret to losing weight. Alongside physical exercise, you can always aim for a balanced lifestyle focused on whole foods.
Which Fruits Can Be Used In Healthy Fruits Salad?
Healthy Fruits Salad can be prepared using varieties of fruits. Examples of these fruits are almond, anise, banana, basil, berries, cherry, chocolates, cilantro, cinnamon, clove, yoghurt, coffee, cranberry, fig, ginger, grape, grapefruit, hazelnut, lemon, mint, nutmeg, persimmon, pineapple, pomegranate, rosemary, vanilla, walnut and groundnuts.
How Can You Preserve Healthy Fruits salad?
Place the healthy fruits salad in an airtight container and store in a refrigerator. It’s better to consume it in a couple of hours but it can normally remain fresh until the next day. If you want to use bananas, apples or other fruits which turn brown or soft, just before serving the salad, add them.
Recommended: Top Reasons Collagen Protein Must Be Part Of Your Diet
Healthy fruits salad is incredibly simple to make and fast to prepare. why wait then? Start feeding your way through good health!
Apart from their inherent good taste and fantastic crunchy feel alongside wonderful colors and fragrances, consuming a bowl of healthy fruits salad will give you lots of health benefits.