You have taken the MEPS Drug Test, but you don’t know if it was a success. Passing the MEPS drug test is important for anyone who wants to join the military. If you fail, it’s back to square one. You’ll have to wait a few months before you can try again. The US Department of Labor requires all new hires to pass the MEPS drug test.
Before you take the test, tell your recruiter if you have a medical condition that might cause a false positive result. If so, he can help you get the proper documentation for MEPS.
If you have any doubts about your ability to pass the test, ask your recruiter for help. He can give you some pointers on how to prepare and what to expect.
When it comes to drug testing, the best defense is a good offense. If you’re serious about joining the military, start by getting in shape. Don’t smoke or drink alcohol and eat healthy foods.
If you’re a smoker, try to quit at least two weeks before taking the test. If you don’t smoke, there’s no need to start just so that you can pass this test.
If you are wondering how your military drug test went and if you passed, here is some information about how to know if you passed the MEPS drug test as an applicant for enlistment into these services.
- What Is a MEPS Drug Test?
- How Do You Know If You Passed MEPS Drug Test?
- What Is The Purpose Of a MEPS Drug Test?
- Who Is Required To Take a MEPS Drug Test?
- What Drugs Are Tested For In a MEPS Drug Test?
- How Is The MEPS Drug Test Administered?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results From a MEPS Drug Test?
- What Happens If You Fail The MEPS Drug Test?
- How To Fight a Positive Drug Test In The Military?
- What Are Some Tips For Passing The MEPS Drug Test?
- When Will I Be Notified If I Passed My MEPS Drug Test?
What Is a MEPS Drug Test?
Medical Examination Program (MEPS) is a government-approved, nationwide urinalysis program that helps employers make sure their employees are using drugs responsibly and not putting themselves or others at risk for an accident on the job. The United States Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) is a grueling process, but the drug test you have to pass before entering service could be more difficult than it seems.
The MEPS drug test is a urine test that screens for drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, and other drugs. This is the final step in joining the military.
Recommended: Is It Better To Fail a Drug Test Or Refuse?
You will be asked to provide a urine sample at the MEPS. The MEPS will then test your urine sample for drugs. If you pass the MEPS drug test, you will be cleared to join the military.
How Do You Know If You Passed MEPS Drug Test?
There are a few ways to know if you passed the MEPS drug test. The first is to wait for your official results. The MEPS will send your results to your military recruiter, who will then contact you to let you know if you passed or failed.
Another way to know if you passed the MEPS drug test is to look for certain physical signs and symptoms. If you have been using drugs, you may have dilated pupils, increased heart rate, and/or increased blood pressure. These physical signs may be an indication that you have drugs in your system and did not pass the MEPS drug test.
The best way to know if you passed the MEPS drug test is to abstain from drug use before your test. If you are concerned about passing the MEPS drug test, you may want to consider abstaining from drug use for a period of time (between 1 – 2 months) before your test. This will give your body time to clear the drugs from your system and increase your chances of passing the MEPS drug test.
What Is The Purpose Of a MEPS Drug Test?
The Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) is where you go to complete your enlistment into any branch of the United States military.
As part of the enlistment process, you will be required to take a drug test. The purpose of the MEPS drug test is to screen for illegal drug use and to ensure that you are not taking any medication that would disqualify you from serving in the military. Drugs affect the brain in negative ways. They lessen productivity, change a person’s behavior, and almost always contribute to rash and unsafe decision-making.
Recommended: How To Help Someone Overcome Drug Addiction
There are a few different types of drug tests that you may be required to take at MEPS, but the most common is the urine drug test.
The urine drug test is a screening test that is used to detect the presence of drugs in your system. The test is usually conducted using a urine sample, but it can also be conducted using a hair sample or a saliva sample.
The urine drug test is not a confirmatory test, meaning that it cannot tell you definitively whether or not you have used drugs. If the test is positive, you will be required to take a confirmatory test, such as a hair follicle test, to confirm the results.
There are a few things that you can do to prepare for your MEPS drug test, such as drinking plenty of water and avoiding foods that could cause false positives. If you are taking any medications, you should also bring a list of them to show to the medical staff.
Who Is Required To Take a MEPS Drug Test?
All applicants for military service are required to take a MEPS drug test. This test is used to screen for illicit drug use and to ensure that applicants are not using drugs that would disqualify them from service. The MEPS drug test is a urine test that tests for the presence of drugs in the applicant’s system.
What Drugs Are Tested For In a MEPS Drug Test?
The MEPS drug test is a urine test that tests for the presence of drugs in your system. The most common drugs that are tested for are marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, CBD, and opiates.
How Is The MEPS Drug Test Administered?
The MEPS drug test is a urine test that is administered by a licensed medical professional. The test is usually given to applicants who are seeking to join the military, but it may also be given to those who are already serving in the military. The applicant will be required to produce a sample of urine in a sterile container. The purpose of the test is to screen for the presence of illegal drugs in the applicant’s system.
How Long Does It Take To Get Results From a MEPS Drug Test?
The MEPS drug test results are sent to your doctor within 3 days and you will receive a phone call within 24 hours if you have passed or failed the test.
There are a few things that can cause a false positive on a MEPS drug test. These include over-the-counter medications, such as ibuprofen, and certain foods, such as poppy seeds. If you think you may have a false positive, you can ask to have the sample retested.
What Happens If You Fail The MEPS Drug Test?
If you fail the MEPS drug test, you will not be able to join the military. You may be able to reapply after a certain amount of time, but you will have to disclose your failed drug test on your application. You may also be able to join the military if you complete a drug treatment program.
How To Fight a Positive Drug Test In The Military?
Here is a list of possible ways to fight a positive drug test:
- Challenge the urine sample: If you believe that your urine sample was tampered with, or if it wasn’t taken correctly, you can fight the results. You need to prove that there is a reason why your urine sample came back positive for drugs.
- Challenge the chain of custody: This means proving that someone other than you took the test.
- Challenge the lab results: You need to show that there is a problem with how the urine sample was tested, or that there were errors in interpreting the results.
- Challenge the test itself: If you believe that there is a problem with how the drug test was administered, or if it isn’t recognized by the military, you can request to be retested.
- Challenge the results: If you can prove that there is a problem with your urine sample, or if the lab made errors in interpreting the test, you may be able to have your results thrown out.
- Challenge the test taker: If you have reason to believe that the person who took your urine sample was not qualified, or if they did not follow proper procedures, you can request a retest.
If all else fails, you may be able to challenge the results based on medical reasons. If your drug test was positive because of prescription medication that is being taken as directed, you may be able to have the results thrown out.
What Are Some Tips For Passing The MEPS Drug Test?
As part of the enlistment process, you will be required to take a drug test. Here are a few tips to help you pass the MEPS drug test:
- Don’t use drugs, obviously. This includes marijuana, even if it’s legal in your state.
- If you have to take a prescription medication, make sure you have a note from your doctor.
- Avoid using over-the-counter medications (e.g. Ibuprofen), as they may contain substances that could cause you to fail the drug test.
- Drink plenty of water leading up to the test to flush any drugs from your system.
- Don’t use products that claim to help you pass a drug test, as they may not work and could even get you in trouble.
- Exercise can help you burn out or sweat out some of the drugs in your system
- Eating a healthy diet, especially fruits and vegetables is good.
Recommended: Essential Things To Know About CBD And CBD Oil
When Will I Be Notified If I Passed My MEPS Drug Test?
If you pass your MEPS drug test, you will be notified immediately. You will be given a drug test results form that you will need to sign and date. Once you have signed and dated the form, you will be given a copy to take with you.
If you are an individual who is applying for a job with the military, the federal government, or any company that requires a drug test, it is important to know how the MEPS Drug Screening Test works. The MEPS Drug Screening Test is a urine-based drug test and the results can be sent to your doctor within 3 days. If you pass the test, you will receive a phone call from the company within 24 hours informing you of this. Knowing all of this information can help make sure that you don’t have any surprises when taking the test and knowing if you passed or not.
If your reason for refusing a drug test is because of a drug addiction problem, then it’s time to seek professional help.