Women are so wary of dark spots appearing on their pretty faces. In fact, the black spots that appear suddenly one lovely day and make a woman’s face look less attractive are her worst nightmare!. The use of Colgate toothpaste to remove dark spots is a home remedy that will quickly lighten dark spots and even clear up pimples.
Using toothpaste to lighten dark spots may seem unpleasant, but it actually works. A toothpaste’s bleaching and antibacterial ingredients help to get rid of the germs that cause pimples, lighten dark spots, and even out skin tone by reducing skin pigmentation.
How can you use Colgate toothpaste to lighten up black spots? What is the right toothpaste to use? Are there better alternatives? continue reading to find out more…
- Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots?
- How To Use Colgate To Remove Dark Spots?
- How Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots?
- Better Alternatives To Colgate Toothpaste
- Tips On Using Toothpaste To Remove Dark Spots
- Do Colgate And Vaseline Remove Dark Spots?
Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots?
Colgate toothpaste is very effective in removing dark spots and clearing pimples. Colgate has anti-inflammatory and bleaching properties that make it good for lightening black spots and drying up pimples.
The white Colgate toothpaste is most preferable for this home remedy because it contains active ingredients with fewer skin irritants while the gel Colgate toothpaste contains some harsh chemicals which can irritate your skin and even worsen your condition.
Recommended: How To Remove Dark Inner Thighs With Colgate
Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, menthol, essential oils, and triclosan are some of the ingredients in Colgate toothpaste that cause pimples to dry out. However, there is nothing special in Colgate toothpaste that makes this approach more efficient than standard medical care. Be mindful that putting toothpaste on dark spots may cause the skin to become too dry or even burn.
Although toothpaste will irritate the skin, toothpaste is not a major treatment for acne. Although the irritation will likely eventually go away along with the pimple. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (available online and over-the-counter), are excellent options for treating and preventing acne.
How To Use Colgate To Remove Dark Spots?
Always wash your face with some warm water and your preferred cleanser, then pat it dry because your skin has to be clean and dry. Your skin will be free of extra oil and grime as a result, making it ready for application of the Colgate toothpaste on your dark spots or pimples.
Next, squeeze a small amount of the Colgate white toothpaste onto your finger and apply it to the region where the dark spot or pimple is. Hold it in place for 5 minutes, and then begin massaging the area by circling your finger over it. Take your time and make sure to rob it in for at least five minutes continuously.
Never use toothpaste as a face mask or outside of the issue region because it dries out the skin and might cause irritation, redness, and peeling on the unaffected areas of your skin.
Recommended: How To Remove Blemishes Overnight (Top 8 Remedies)
To remove the toothpaste, scrub the affected area in a circular motion with a damp soft tissue or towel as softly as you can because vigorous rubbing can harm or irritate the skin. Splash some lukewarm water on your face after removing all of the toothpaste, then pat it dry. After that, you can apply a calming moisturizing cream if your skin starts to feel tight and dry.
Apply the Colgate white toothpaste only once daily and no more than four times per week if you have sensitive skin because it can irritate such skin. You will see changes in the size of your pimples and the color of your dark spots after applying for around 2-3 days. At this point, you should stop applying and let it heal naturally.
How Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots?
Colgate contains bleaching agents (mainly hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) that lighten dark spots. However, only use white Colgate toothpaste because colored or gel Colgate toothpaste usually contains chemicals that might irritate sensitive skin. If your skin is sensitive, a mixture of Colgate and vaseline might be ideal.
Why white Colgate toothpaste? White Colgate contains Calcium carbonate and zinc which are known to be good on the skin. Also, they don’t contain irritants such as Sodium lauryl sulfate, Triclosan, and Sodium fluoride which are usually present in gel or colored Colgate toothpastes.
Better Alternatives To Colgate Toothpaste
Dermatologists do not support the use of toothpaste for black spots or pimples. According to them, toothpaste is not an effective technique to treat your skin and can actually irritate your skin causing redness and peeling. Here are better proven and accepted products for treating pimples and dark spots:
- Benzoyl peroxides such as PanOxyl, Neutrogena Rapid Clear, and Perrigo.
- Salicylic acids such as Paulas Choice, CeraVe SA Cleanser, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne.
- Sulfur products such as Naturasil Soap, Acne Free Sulfur Mask, and Clearogen Acne Lotion.
- Tea Tree Oil such as Ethereal Nature, Healing Solutions, and Handcraft.
- Baking Soda products like Asepxia, Biore, and Dermactin-TS.
Recommended: Colgate For Dark Knees: Does It Work?
These products are approved medically to remove dark spots and pimples. They are available both online and over-the-counter.
Tips On Using Toothpaste To Remove Dark Spots
- To remove black spots, always use white toothpaste (especially Colgate) rather than colored ones. The white ones have ingredients like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and triclosan that help lighten dark spots, whereas the colored ones have ingredients that could irritate the skin.
- Never recommend using toothpaste designed for teeth whitening because it contains bleaching agents that could damage your skin. People with darker skin tones should take extra precautions because it could leave marks and blemishes.
- The finest toothpaste for erasing black spots is organic toothpaste. It doesn’t contain fluoride, pesticides, unpleasant growth hormones, or any other harmful substances. They do, however, include the substances needed to get rid of black spots, including baking soda, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, myrrh, and aloe.
Do Colgate And Vaseline Remove Dark Spots?
Mixing Colgate with vaseline gives a better result when it comes to removing dark spots. Also, if you have sensitive skin, it is recommended you don’t use toothpaste alone to remove black spots or pimples but rather mix it with vaseline to reduce its irritating effect on the skin. This is due to the fact that vaseline is a good moisturizer.
- Use simple white toothpaste, not gel-based or any flavored toothpaste.
- Put some toothpaste into a bowl. The quantity should be the same as the one you use on your toothbrush. Add the same quantity of vaseline into the bowl and mix it thoroughly until both of them are well combined.
- Apply this paste to your face (or any other area of your body that is affected) with your fingers and spread it all over.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes and then rinse it off using warm water.
This method will also get rid of all the pimples and dark spots on your face. Additionally, it works wonders on skin imperfections like blackheads.
Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots On The Face?
YES! Colgate is very effective in removing dark spots from the face. It is also good for clearing up pimples on the face. Colgate contains bleaching agents (mainly hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) that lighten dark spots. Only use white Colgate toothpaste because colored or gel Colgate toothpaste usually contains chemicals that might irritate sensitive skin. If your skin is sensitive, a mixture of Colgate and vaseline will be ideal.
Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots On Legs?
Colgate toothpaste can remove dark spots on the legs. Colgate’s bleaching ingredients (mainly hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) help to get rid of the dark spots and even out skin tone by reducing skin pigmentation.
Does Colgate Remove Dark Spots And Pimples?
Colgate can help remove both dark spots and pimples. Colgate toothpaste has bleaching properties that lighten black spots on the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which can dry up pimples from the skin.
Does White Colgate Remove Dark Spots?
White Colgate toothpaste has antibacterial and bleaching properties (mainly hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide which makes it highly effective for removing dark spots from the skin. It is also mild on the skin compared to gel or colored toothpaste which contains some skin-irritating chemicals.
Recommended: Lemon Juice For Acne Treatment And How To Use It
Colgate toothpaste is a fairly popular quick home remedy for removing dark spots and pimples, but it is not approved by dermatologists as a good treatment for dark spots. Therefore, using it in times of emergency is okay, but not recommended for long-term use as it can damage your skin.
Dermatologists do not support the use of toothpaste for black spots or pimples. According to them, toothpaste is not a good technique to treat your skin and can actually irritate your skin causing redness and peeling. So, use it with caution and always consult your dermatologist.