Boosting the immunity looks very easy with so many vitamin supplements available over the counter. One would think of reaching out to vitamin C in order to boost the immunity; however, it cannot serve as the permanent solution as these are synthetic vitamins and cannot be taken indefinitely. Something that stays forever is always natural and here are such 7 immunity-boosting foods that would boost your immunity to the next level if included in your daily diet:
7 Immunity Boosters To Boost Your Immune System
- Garlic – Garlic is known for its taste and flavour but there are many more reasons to consume this superfood. Raw garlic consumption lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels. This kitchen staple is good to fight against bacterial, viral, and fungal infections too. For maximum benefits, consume garlic in its natural form instead of opting for garlic powder. There are garlic supplements available too, which offer quicker results due to the high concentration of garlic per dose.
- Turmeric – This yellow-coloured spice is used in curries to enhance taste and also to add distinctive colour. It is used in Indian and South-East Asian cuisine very prominently but the gentle spice is now finding a place in various medicines due to its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Turmeric can be found fresh or in powdered form. It can be used in preparing savoury dishes or is good to enjoy with milk in the form of Turmeric Latte. There are many ways to enjoy the health benefits of turmeric with manufacturers now coming up with special supplements that offer Turmeric in its purest form and also in the required dosage.
- Broccoli – if you have been eating broccoli all these years because of its taste then it’s time to rejoice as it has numerous health benefits too. This green coloured vegetable is actually a superfood packed with various vitamins and antioxidants. Consuming broccoli in its raw form or in a partially cooked form can offer you a major portion of vitamin C, E, and A along with various antioxidants that will keep you young and energetic.
- Green Tea – Tea consumption is done more out of habit but now it is known that tea is loaded with an antioxidant called flavonoids. If you have been a green tea lover then you are at the higher benefit as it also contains another important antioxidant called Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) that is known to be an effective immune booster. Black tea loses EGCG during the fermentation process. Green tea is prepared using a different process and hence doesn’t lose any of its antioxidants in the process. It also contains an amino acid named L-theanine that helps in producing germ-fighting compounds in your body.
Recommended: Simple Cabbage Egg Fry Recipe With Health Benefits
- Papaya – Papaya is another power-packed fruit that is loaded with vitamin C. Consuming medium-sized papaya would account for double the daily recommended value of your body’s Vitamin C requirements. Isn’t it amazing? Wait, there are many more benefits that you can get from this single fruit. It contains Papain, a digestive enzyme known to be having anti-inflammatory properties too. Other healthy nutrients present in this wonder fruit include folate, magnesium, and potassium.
- Ginger – Ginger is another power-packed root that fights a lot many health problems effectively. Having looks similar to turmeric, this aromatic root also has health properties as good as turmeric. It is a go-to food for many in event of sore throat, respiratory problems, and even in case of digestive problems. Ginger juice, powder, or just a piece of ginger in your mouth can help you overcome various health problems at once. The versatile nature of this root gives it place in various sweet and savoury dishes too.
- Citrus Fruits – The role of vitamin C as immunity booster is quite known and nothing can offer you more vitamin C than citrus fruits! These fruits are available in various shapes and colours. Including them whole or juiced in your daily diet will make up for your daily vitamin C need to great extent. Make sure to have them fresh for maximum advantage.
The list of immunity-boosting foods is endless. Include them in your daily diet as per seasonal availability and you will enjoy the best of health. If you still don’t find these superfoods in their natural form then check out for natural supplements that bring the goodness of these superfoods to your doorsteps.