Car headlights usually get dirty or foggy over time, but there is a cleaning hack that can help restore your foggy headlights back to normal. Lemon and baking soda have proven to be very effective in cleaning dirty headlights. it’s easy, cheap and takes less than ten minutes! This is mainly due to the abrasive and whitening properties of lemon and baking soda.
You don’t have to pay anybody to get your cloudy headlights cleaned or waste your money to buy those pricey cleaners when you can do it yourself in less than ten minutes for free. All you need (lemon and baking soda) is right there in your home or surrounding.
Do you also know that white toothpaste can be used to clean foggy headlights?. And, guess what? It works like magic and is really simple, quick, and free.
Recommended: Can You Use Toothpaste To Clean Headlights?
How To Use Lemon And Baking Soda To Clean Headlights
There are two major ways you can use lemon and baking soda to clean your car headlights:
You can use the lemon and baking soda directly on the headlights:
- Get a lemon and cut it into two
- Pour baking soda on the cut surface and then use it to scrub the headlights
- After scrubbing, leave it for 5 minutes
- Then rinse with clean water.
- Repeat it until the headlights start sparkling.
You can prepare a mixture first before using it on the headlights:
- Get a small bowl and pour baking soda into it
- Cut a lemon and squeeze the juice into the bowl
- Mix the lemon and baking soda thoroughly to form a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the headlights
- Leave it for about 5 minutes
- Use a clean towel to scrub the headlights very well
- Then rinse with clean water.
To get a better result, you might consider scrubbing the headlights with sandpaper instead of a towel.
Recommended: 20 Quality Tips For Long Distance Bus Ride
After rinsing the headlights, you will be really amazed at how much dirt you got off of the headlights and how clear they appear now. Now, this is a good time to apply a coat of wax to your headlights to give them extra protection from ultraviolet lights and oxidation. The really nice thing after cleaning the headlights is that they appear brighter and less dreary.
How To Clean Headlights With Baking Soda
Baking soda alone can also be used to clean foggy headlights because it has bleaching properties just like toothpaste. And you know what, it works like magic and it’s super easy, quick, and free. Here’s how to clean headlights with baking soda in five minutes or less:
- Using baking soda and water, make a thick paste. You’ll want to use a baking soda-to-water ratio of about 2:1.
- Rob the paste onto the headlights and scrub. Allowing the paste to dry out for too long will make removing debris and polishing the surface more difficult. For better result, scrub with a microfiber cloth.
- Rinse off the baking soda with water and dry the headlights. There will be a haze if there is any remaining baking soda on your clean headlight.
That’s all! Your car headlights should be sparkling clean now!
Lemon and baking soda can be used to clean foggy or dirty headlights. It’s one of the essential car hacks every car owner must know. Stop wasting your money to buy costly cleaners or pay people to help you clean your headlights. You can easily do it yourself using lemon and baking soda mixture.
Remember you can always repeat this process every three months. However, at any point in time, the lemon and baking soda fail to clean your headlights even after scrubbing with sandpaper, so it is high time you replaced the headlights.