Turmeric is commonly regarded as a seasoning and is frequently found in Chinese and Indian cuisines. It is a root much like ginger and is generally the size of your thumb. The outside colour is brown beige while the inside is a bright orange colour. It has a powerful colour that stains anything that comes in contact with it e.g your fingers.
The best part of turmeric is its benefits to your health. This is as a result of its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, analgesic and detoxifying properties. Taking into consideration its anti-inflammatory role, this herbal root is effective for a multitude of diseases and you already know that many diseases originate from inflammation and microbes.
Taking turmeric tea can relieve muscle spasms and muscle pain. It is also a perfect liver and kidney cleanser. Clean body means everything clean – fresher-looking skin, more energy, better nutrient absorption and more!
How Does Turmeric Help With Weight Loss?
The best way to control high cholesterol levels is by adopting healthy eating habits and relying on natural ways instead of using slimming pills. Turmeric has numerous medicinal properties. The medicinal properties of the active ingredient of turmeric – Curcumin – is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Other Turmeric properties include volatile oils, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, linolenic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, and fibres, which have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-microbial and thermogenic effects on the body.
Recommended: Top 13 Natural Appetite Suppressants for Weight Loss
Inflammation is directly linked to obesity or prolonged accumulation of fat in the body. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice which helps to reduce inflammation and the associated oxidative stress and is therefore useful in weight loss.
Turmeric tea tends to reduce the incidence of LDL, VLDL and levels of triglycerides and amounts of blood sugar that work against metabolic syndrome. A good digestive system is a key to weight loss. It helps reduce stomach problems such as stomach bloating (gas), and even boost bowel movements and help you lose weight.
Regular intake of this natural tea helps improve the secretion of bile contained in the stomach. Bile is a digestive juice which helps with the emulsification of fat and its metabolism. This process makes this herbal root tea an outstanding means of reducing weight.
Recommended: Do Waist Trimmers Really Work For Weight Loss?
How Much Turmeric Can I Consume?
Ancient philosophers/scientists said, “The dose makes something poisonous“. And that’s true for anything even till date, including the water we drink every day.
Turmeric has curcumin that has a strong antimicrobial property. But its effect (effective dosage, intake length, efficacy, bad effects, etc.) have not been clinically researched and reported in top Medical Journals.
The recommended dose is a cupful of turmeric tea. Consume this tea same way you consume green tea, black tea, coffee and ginger tea. One cup a day is very good.
Top 5 Turmeric Weight Loss Benefits
The solution to your weight loss problem might just be a cupful of turmeric tea. Let us guide you through the benefits of this herbal tea to lose weight:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Inflammation is directly linked to obesity or prolonged accumulation of fat in the body. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice that helps reduce inflammation and related oxidative stress and is therefore beneficial for weight loss.
- Promotes Digestion: The secret to weight loss is a good digestive system. Turmeric tea helps reduce stomach problems such as stomach bloating (gas), and even boost bowel motions and help you reduce weight.
Recommended: Gain Weight Fast: 5 Proven Healthy And Safe Ways
- Prevents metabolic syndrome: Another prominent risk factor related to obesity is metabolic syndrome. Fat accumulation around the abdomen causes changes in metabolism which trigger the metabolic syndrome. Turmeric tends to decrease the incidence of LDL, levels of triglycerides and amounts of blood sugar that work against the disease.
- Regulate blood sugar levels: Turmeric tea tends to balance the levels of sugar by preventing insulin resistance. Excess fat is not stored in the body as a result.
- Increase bile production: Regular usage of turmeric tea helps improve the secretion of bile contained in the stomach. It is a digestive juice which helps with the emulsification of fat and its metabolism. This cycle renders this spice an outstanding means of reducing weight.
- Protects your body from infections: Turmeric has antimicrobial properties too which may render it a safe herbal solution to protect the body from various infections including cancer.
- Makes you look younger: Drinking warm turmeric water will help slow down the ageing cycle and avoid premature ageing due to free body radicals. It is attributed in significant part to the presence of curcumin (the active ingredient).
Does Turmeric Tablets Help With Weight Loss?
The short answer is YES. However, it is far better to consume natural turmeric rather than taking turmeric tablets. The tablets might have some side effects because some of the ingredients are synthetic. Some manufacturers might advertise their product as 100% natural but don’t trust them!.
Research has shown that Turmeric can help you lose weight with loads of other health benefits. Go on and drink this nutrient-fortified natural tea for weight loss along with exercises and a healthy and balanced diet. We are sure you’ll soon witness the benefits of drinking this tea yourself.