Yamarita is a tasty Nigerian delicacy prepared by deeply frying egg-coated yams. Unlike the regular fried yam, yamarita is a fried yam coated with egg-flour which makes it crunchy and sweeter. It has a nice you just can’t resist!
Recommended: How To Cook Yam Pepper Soup (5 Different Recipes)
- Peel the yam and slice them into the shape and sizes you want.
- Put them into a clean pot.
- Add water, salt and boil for 5 minutes (Do not overcook the yam).
- In a plate, slice in carrot and spring onion.
- Add salt and black pepper into the plate.
- Break two eggs into the plate and mix well.
- In another plate, pour in a half-cup of flour.
- After cooking the yam for 5 minutes, strain the yam and allow to cool.
- Start frying by taking the yam one by one. First, rub the flour all over the yam.
- Then put into the egg mixture and rub all over the yam.
- Then, put a clean pan on fire, add oil, when heated, add the coated yam to the oil and fry till its golden brown.
- Serve with a chilled drink!
Recommended: How To Make Banana Pancake (With Video)
Video On How To Prepare Yamarita
You can quickly watch the video below on how to prepare yamarita by EVERJOY.
Subscribe to EVERJOY’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL for more healthy recipes!
Recommended: How To Cook Delicious Jollof Rice With Stockfish
Very easy! If you try this recipe for Yamarita, please don’t forget to give me a comment. Don’t forget to subscribe to new recipes via email notifications and use the “Share” buttons below.